Within Reboot Recovery, there are 5 damage categories to determine faulty hard drives:
1. Logical Damage: The most common issue of hard drives, where it actually works but inaccessible data. Symptoms include when file table has corrupted, drive being formatted accidentally or when prompted to perform system recovery. It is advised for users to immediately halt any sort of actions and seek further guidance from the professionals. If handled incompetently, there is far greater chance that the data within the drive will be lost.
2. Media Issues: When the drive possess bad sectors, allowing users to access only partial data to none in the system. Computer will be frozen in attempt to read the drive. Each sector image from the drive must be placed on to the good drive and customised software will be used to extract data from the image. We have acquired professional tools and software in resolving this type of problems.
3. Electronic Damage: Occurs when the circuit board inside the drive has been damaged. Symptoms include constant clicking noises, dead drive and burnt smell. Compatible circuit board will be used to access the drive, however it requires complex procedure as each brand of drives has their own memory programmed into the circuit. Some models have their own memory attached into the circuit and not replaceable.
4. Firmware Damage: Occurs when damage is inflicted to the firmware platters of the drive. The firmware are imperative for initialisation of the drive. Symptom of such damage is felt when the drive spins when plugged but inaccessible. The data recovery requires specialised hardware from ACE Laboratories with extensive experiences and knowledge to repair the firmware.
5. Physical Damage: Occurs when the drive prevent in starting up. Damages may vary from motor failure, head failure, spindle, actuator or any component within the drive. A full head stack failure usually produce with constant clicks. When this happen, never attempt to access it as data within the drive may be lost if handled poorly. Our clean room class 100 is present to handle problems such as head failures. Only expert personnel are able to handle such problem as it takes years of experience to master such. Buzzing sounds or unspinning drive are usually the symptoms of motor failure. When this happen, special technique is required to solve the issue with compatible donor drive. Fortunately, we do possess great range of stock and resources in resolution of issues like this.
Common failures from different manufacturer:
|Service Required||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||Category 4||Category 5|
|Economy (14 days+)||$199.95||$330||$550||$660||$880|
|Regular (7-10 days)||$199.95||$440||$660||$770||$990|
The above table is merely a guide estimation of the pricing. The pricing guide is based on a size of 160GB drive and may exclude any specific parts from different categories, however you will be advised for further charge.
A business quote will contain further details about the issue and price. We envision to recover data as much as possible with minimum prices.
We also have do data recovery from Solid Sate Drives and have the latest tools in doing data recovery in technological mode.
Do note however that multiple disk drive (RAID) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) differ and require specific quote.
All prices are estimates only and based sight unseen on your drive. Parts (if required to be specially ordered) are not included, but you will be advised before incurring ANY expenses. The price ranges in each cell represent differences in procedures between makes & models of drives. GST applies to Australia sales.